The Coyote Principle
· The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a
nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor’s dog, then
bites the Governor.
· The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie
“Bambi” and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only
doing what is natural.
· He calls animal control. Animal Control captures the coyote
and bills the state $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for
· He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and
bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.
· The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting
checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound
· The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish &
Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of
· The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a
“coyote awareness program” for residents of the area.
· The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to
better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease
throughout the world.
· The Governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the
attack. The state spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with
additional special training re the nature of coyotes.
· PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files a $5 million
suit against the state.
· The Governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature
trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.
· The Governor shoots the coyote with his state-issued pistol
and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $.50 on a .45 ACP hollow
· The buzzards eat the dead coyote.
And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.
GOD BLESS AMERICA